Knowest Imaging Automatic Incident Detection
Knowest Imaging AID is a multi-camera video-based Automatic Incident Detection (AID) solution for tunnels, bridges and highways. The system provides field proven real-time incident detection; traffic data collection and video surveillance capabilities to promote safe and efficient traffic flow on roadways worldwide.
From pedestrian detection in tunnels to slow moving vehicle detection on the roadway, Knowest Imaging AID system is a cost-effective and comprehensive solution for your transportation projects.
How it works
To enable rapid identification and notification of an incident, Knowest Imaging AID analyzes existing video signals and provides traffic operators with an alarm (audible and visual) within a few seconds after an incident occurs, before the consequences of incident can be noticed by traditional monitoring.
The supervisory and video management interface provides a global view of all cameras being monitored and when an incident occurs it automatically pops up the related camera with the incident highlighted.
The operator can display the sequence before and after the incident in order to quickly identify problems, that enables the implementation of faster and more appropriate incident response. The database of incident video clips is also available for Traffic Operation Centers to get deeper analysis such as recurring events, safety planning etc.
All over the world, major roads suffer from highly increasing traffic density. This leads to daily accidents, a larger risk for secondary accidents and long traffic jams.
Knowest Imaging AID is a modular and flexible system that delivers real-time identification far surpassing traditional monitoring means and results. This enables Traffic Operation Centers to more rapidly respond to incidents to minimize negative impacts on human and resource loss and ensure faster recovery from an incident to get traffic flow again.
- Stopped vehicle
An alarm is triggered when a vehicle stops on the roadway. A linear movement followed up by a stop produces a ”stopped vehicle” detection. It is a highly reliable detection both in terms of detection rate and low false alarms rate derived from the tracking technology.
Wrong way vehicle
An alarm is triggered when a vehicle is driven in reverse direction. The algorithm tracks reverse direction movement over a distance that varies according to site configuration.
An alarm is generated when the averaged traffic flow speed and density of traffic go below a given threshold. Traffic slowdown can be seen as the beginning of congestion.
Slow moving object
An alarm is triggered when a vehicle driven abnormally slow. Dynamic traffic adaptation allows this detection capability when a vehicle speed is abnormally slow compared to the overall traffic flow.
Detection of pedestrian is performed on hard shoulders and/or emergency lanes. Moving pedestrian in fluid traffic is a major risk of safety and likely to correspond to abnormal issues on the tunnel or highway.
Smoke detection in tunnels derived from a visibility check performed on detection zones covering the whole image. An alarm is raised when several detection zones fade away or disappear. Loss of visibility can be caused by smoke, dust or fire compromising the safety of drivers.
An alarm is raised when a small still object is detected on the roadway.
The Traffic Data Collection (TDC) function provides aggregated traffic data for each traffic lane or a lane group. The traffic data are centralized and stored in the database and can also be supplied to a Traffic Management Center through standard TCP-based protocol.
- Volume: the number of vehicles traveling on a given lane within each aggregation period.
- Classified volume: the number of vehicles of each class traveling on a given lane within each period. There are three classes of vehicles that are based on vehicle length,.
- Average Speed: the average speed of vehicles on one lane within each period.
- Occupancy: the percentage of time within which the measure zone is occupied by a vehicle.
- Level of Service (LOS): LOS can be computed based on averaged speed and averaged occupancy.
The Levels Of Service thresholds are fully adjustable and allow defining different traffic states, such as:
- Free flow traffic
- Normal flow traffic
- Dense traffic
- Congested traffic
- Stop-and-go traffic
Knowest Imaging AID Features
- Efficient and reliable: With 15 years of experience, the Knowest Imaging AID solution is field-proven accuracy and reliability: the incidents are detected very fast with high incident detection rate and very low fault alarm.
- Easy to integrate: the system uses existing video signals from any CCTV, fixed, pan-tilt-zoom, analog, IP and any other camera, thus requiring no new hardware or infrastructure additions.
- Easy to setup: the system setup is performed with few mouse clicks, thanks to its friendly graphical user interface, that allows a quick and easy setup and modification of area to be monitored.
- Easy maintenance: maintaining tools enable an identification of malfunctioning cameras and remote maintenance, reducing mantaining cost.
- Flexible setting: thresholds are flexibly set, providing Traffic Operations Centers with great flexibility in creating monitoring variables.
|Parameter and Model||Knowest Imaging AID|
|Video input per rack||16 (max)|
|Video input||Analog PAL/NTSC, IP video|
|Encoding format||H264, MPEG-4|
|Resolution||D1 @ 30fpt|
|Video streaming||Single H264|
|Dimensions||19 inch rack|
|Power Supply||110 to 220 VAC, 450 Watts|